Our work is based on the needs of local populations. We identify the needy in a particular geographical area and the project to be executed. After this, we look for support(donors). We then work with reputable local NGOs for implementing these projects.
Here is a sample of projects that we have supported, over years:
- Educational Projects particularly in the form of supplementary education centers or evening schools for children.
- Training Centers to impart vocational skills to women and children that potentially opens doors for employment.
- Counseling and Placement for those who are employable.
- Encouraging women towards self-reliance through micro-credit programs, production centers, formation of self-help groups, entrepreneurial activities like herbal farming and handicraft production.
- Community Based Rehabilitation for the differently abled.
- Health and Hygiene work by setting up dispensaries, building toilets & rainwater tanks, running medical camps, and promoting the rediscovery of traditional medicinal herbs.
- Supporting Ecological Activities like water conservation and Re-forestation.
- Infrastructure Support such as solar power in remote communities.
- Create a market for goods made by rural and tribal production centers.
PAADHAI has ongoing projects with a number of grass-root level NGOs like Wayanad Girijana Seva Trust(Kerala), Rural Community Trust (Tamil Nadu), Desh Seva Samiti (Maharashtra) and Junglescapes (Karnataka).